In this video I walk you through how to set up microsoft office (especially onenote) on you ubuntu linux device
I'm really fond of this software and couldn't find anything that even closely resembles it on linux. Keep in mind that several features don't work. Here are the ones that I'm aware of that don't work
- Synching with onedrive
- Copying-pasting whilst preserving formatting
1) First up run these commands in bash;
wget -q "http://deb.playonlinux.com/public.gpg" -O- | sudo apt-key add - sudo wget http://deb.playonlinux.com/playonlinux_natty.list -O /etc/apt/sources.list.d/playonlinux.list sudo apt-get install gnome-disk-utility sudo apt-get install playonlinux sudo apt-get update
2) Download office 2010 .iso file -> https://www.dropbox.com/s/p7xkv0hw3zpalvv/office2010.zip?dl=0
3) Extract it and run windows office 10 with disk image mounter
4) Install microsoft office 2010 with wine
5) Update to the latest version of wine
6) Thumbs up the video or leave a comment on this article :)
- Not keeping format when copy-pasting --> Copy-paste first to wordpad to preserve formatting
- When having a 'black-screen" startup or a "crash" --> Go to playonlinux, click close and then run again.
- DW20.exe error whilst copy-pasting --> Go to playonlinux, click close and then run again.